The About extension lets you add an About section to your course.
This article provides an overview of the About extension, extension setup and provides examples of About extension configurations.
The About extension lets you add an About section to your course. The About extension content can be displayed as only text or text combined with an image.
The About extension is switched on in the Extensions section in your Evolve course.
Extension set up
Follow these steps to enable the About extension in your Evolve course:
Click the Extensions tab in your course.
Scroll down to the About extension and toggle to enable the extension.
Click the Edit button and begin set up.
In the General section:
- Add About Title. This title appears in the About header.
- Add About Description. This description appears in the About header. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
- Scroll down the page and add About Content. This is the content that appears on the About page.
- Include an About Page Aria Label for screen readers, as needed.
You can also use About Content Items to add additional content. If you only want to use content items, leave the About Content field empty and do your settings in the About Content Items section.
Hero Image section
- In the Hero Image section, toggle to Add Hero Image. Enabling this will show a hero image for your About extension.
- Add Hero Image Title as needed.
- Add Hero Image Body as needed. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
- Scroll down to the Hero Image Graphic section and select a Hero Image as needed.
- Set Image Per Device Size as needed.
- Add Hero Image Alt Text as needed.
In the Hero Image Content Layout section, you set the position, width and text alignment for the Hero Image:
- Set Hero image title and body container layout. This controls the position of the title and body container. By default, this is set to Center.
- Set Hero image title and body container width. By default, this is set to 70.
- Select a Floating Graphic.
- Add Floating Graphic Alt Text as needed.
- Set Floating Graphic Position. This controls the position of the floating graphic relative to the hero image.
- Set Floating Graphic Offset Position.
- Toggle to Show on Large Screen Size Only.
- In the Appearance section, select About Navigation Button Icon. This will be displayed in the navigation in your Evolve course.
- Select About Header Icon. This icon will be displayed in the About extension header.
About Content Items section
In the About Content Items section, you Add Content Items to your About extension.
For each Content Item:
- Add About content Item Title.
- Add About Content Item Body. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
- Scroll down and select About Content Item Image.
- Toggle to Set Image Per Device Size as needed.
- Add Image Alt Text as needed.
- Finally, in the About Content Items section, set Text/Graphic layout.
- Add an Aria Label for screen readers, as needed.
Add, duplicate and delete Content Items as needed.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.