This component is NOT recommended for use when creating accessible courses.
The Confidence Chart component lets you display selected Confidence Slider Component results as a radar chart to the learners.
This article provides an overview of the Confidence Chart component, component setup and behavior, and examples of Confidence Chart component configurations.
The Confidence Chart component lets you display selected Confidence Slider Component results as a radar chart to the learners. The Confidence Chart component lets you choose the number of confidence slider components to be displayed in the radar chart.
The Confidence Chart component lets you choose a combination of confidence slider components to be displayed as a single value.
Component Set Up
To add this component, follow the steps in this article:
Add a Component
Explore everything there is to know about Evolve. This collection begins with the basics of Evolve and completes with information on the tool's more advanced features. Feel free to start from the beginning or hop around to the specific section that suits your needs.
The Property Panel for the newly added component will then open automatically for you to customize set-up.
Or click anywhere on an existing component to open the Property Panel.
In the General section:
Add Title, or a Display Title, as needed. Display Title is seen by learners.
Scroll down the page and add your Body. Use the text editor to style and format your text, as needed.
- Add Instruction Text that tells learners how to use the component.
- Include an Aria Label for screen readers, as needed.
Interaction Label section
In the Interaction Label section, you can enable an Interaction Label.
The Interaction Label allows you to add a widget before or after the Confidence Chart component. This widget can display an icon and label prior to the Confidence Chart component completion, which changes to a different icon and label once the Confidence Chart component is completed.
- In the Behavior section, you can enable Calculate score by using the highest value. Each chart items score is normally calculated using the average score from all confidence sliders assigned to that item. Enable this setting to use the highest confidence slider score instead.
- Toggle Use Custom Max Chart Value to set a custom max value to display for all labels in your Confidence Chart component.
- Toggle to enable Hide Breakdown.
Add Chart Items
In the Chart Items section, you Add Chart Items to your Confidence Chart component.
For each Chart Item:
- Enter Chart Item Label. This displays in the chart and slider count.
- Select Confidence Sliders. Select the confidence sliders you want to display the results of by clicking Select Components and selecting one or more Confidence Sliders.
Add, duplicate, and delete Chart Items as needed.
- In the Appearance section, you set Chart Label Color as needed.
- Set Chart Grid Lines Color as needed.
Note: If no color is set, a default color will be used.
- In the Download section, toggle to Enable Download. With this setting enabled the learner can download the chart as a pdf.
- Enter Download Button Text.
- Enter Download Title and edit the remaining settings and styling for the pdf.
Below are examples that illustrate the Confidence Chart component setup:
Example 1 – displays the Confidence Chart component with the Chart Label Color set to red and the Chart Grid Lines Color set to green. In this example, the Download chart as a pdf is enabled and the Download Chart button is shown.
Example 2 – displays the Confidence Chart component with the setting Hide Breakdown disabled and the Chart labels shown to the right.
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.