How to Set up Currency & Pricing by Country
Intellum E-commerce allows for variable pricing based on the purchaser's country. This is called "internationalization." The current state of Intellum E-commerce allows for one currency per country.
The following steps make the most sense if you've already added at least one product to your e-commerce store.
Read on to learn how to set currency internationalization.
Configure Available Currencies
First, you'll need to enable supported currencies within eCommerce. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on E-commerce within the expanded admin menu:
- Click on the Configurations section
- Then the Stores subsection
- Click the blue pencil button to edit the chosen store
- Scroll down to Internationalization
- Add additional Supported Currencies to the field. Your default currency (e.g. USD) will show here. You can add and remove as many supported currencies as needed.
Watch this overview video to see the above steps:
You will only be able to add one currency per country in the following steps, so don't add a potentially unsupported currency here.
Add Product Pricing
When a product is saved or published as purchasable in Intellum E-commerce, it is created with all countries and currencies by default. This means you'll need to update the currencies you want to use for specific countries.
To update a product's pricing and currencies...
- Click on E-commerce within the expanded admin menu.
- Click on the Products section. A list of all of your available products will display here.
- Click the blue pencil button to edit the product you wish.
- Finally, click the Prices tab on the right-hand side.
Here, you'll see a long list of all the pricing combinations by country and currency. For each country, it is recommended the admin sets one price in one currency and then deletes the pricing in the remaining currencies.
At this time, we do not support multiple currency pricing within a single country.
Boosted Marketing wants to use USD as its main currency for a product. However, it needs to set a different currency and price for the following countries:
- Australia (AUD)
- France (EUR)
- Germany (EUR)
They leave the USD prices filled in for all the countries except Australia, France, and Germany. For these countries, they leave the USD price field blank.
Then, Boosted Marketing adds a price for Australia under the AUD currency and then prices for Germany and France under the EUR currency.
Watch how Boosted Marketing updated these prices here:
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.